Syriac Orthodox Eastern Archdiocese Office Manager
The Archdiocese Office Manager is a professional administrator who can maintain the highest level of confidentiality. Reporting to the Archbishop or his designee, he/she will provide support and work with the Archdiocese Clergy, Archdiocese Executive Council and Parish Councils according to the Archdiocesan policies and guidelines, and will oversee all activities of the main archdiocese office. Salary is based on the candidate’s experience.
- General office administration (phone, copier and computer).
- Manage all communications:
- Check and respond to all emails;
- Compose required letters, distribute and follow up as needed;
- Organize and send bulk mailings;
- Respond to or screen/route all incoming calls.
- Greet visitors and direct them as needed.
- Order and maintain office supplies, office equipment and work with vendors as required.
- Develop presentations and manage multi-media equipment as needed.
- Keep Archdiocese records as assigned.
- Prepare annual reports and manage annual Archdiocese Appeal.
- Assist in creating, managing, printing and distributing the church annual calendar.
- Assist in creating and electronically distributing the weekly Sunday Word.
- Maintain the Archdiocese website (and any associated social media outlets) by posting up-to-date communications.
- Maintain Archdiocese database of parishioners’ information.
- Organize and maintain a master calendar of all Archdiocese activities and events taking place in the Archdiocese facility.
- Provide administrative support to Archdiocesan committees:
- Document agendas, attend meetings and record minutes as required.
- Coordinate meetings, lunches and other Archdiocese center appointments/activities.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the Archbishop and Archdiocese events.
- Ensure the office is staffed at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline and three to five years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant or Office Manager.
- Excellent command of the English language is a must; knowledge of Syriac, Arabic, or Turkish is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Self-starter, strong organizational, planning, multitasking and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office are imperative.
- Website content management, database, social media (Facebook, Twitter), Microsoft Publisher-helpful.
- Presentation (such as PowerPoint) and multimedia-equipment skills.
- Book keeping skills – helpful.
OTHER GENERAL EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE:
- Should always exhibit professionalism demonstrated by well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, accountability and maintain confidentiality.
- Able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances with composure and flexibility.
- Able to work evenings and weekends occasionally.
- Exercise discernment and wise judgement.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Willingness to seek new information, training and resources as needed.
- Monday – Friday (Salaried – 40 hours per week) Weekend hours may be required depending on Church programs and events.
For more information and to send your resume, contact us by email: