PASSION PLAY AUDITIONS
THURSDAY OCTOBER 16TH 8:30PM
VIRGIN MARY CHURCH, PARAMUS, NJ
All are Welcome to Audition!
There are many great Biblical characters to try out for such as: John the Baptist, Judas, Mary Magdalene, Peter, our Savior Himself, and others!
You can also volunteer for behind the scenes, make up artist, stage, props, lights, etc. We also need vocalists! If you are a singer or know of any please join or let us know.
Volunteers also needed!
Contact: Robert Ayaz 201-519-0033 or email us at
On September 28, 2014, His Holiness Patriarch Mor Ignatius Aphrem II received His Eminence Mor Clemis Daniel Kourieh, Metropolitan Beirut accompanied by the president and members of Al-Nahda Benevolent Association in Beirut, in the Patriarchal Residence in Atchaneh, Bikfaya – Lebanon. His Holiness listened to an overview of the history of the association and its Christian mission in the Lebanese community. The president then gave a summary of the activities of the association, especially helping the needy and poor of all denominations. Likewise, His Holiness was informed about the distribution of financial aid and in-kind assistance to the needy families. He blessed...
On September 26, 2014, His Beatitude Maphryono Mor Baselius Thomas I, Catholicose of India arrived to Lebanon to visit His Holiness Patriarch Mor Ignatius Aphrem II. The Catholicose was accompanied by a delegation of metropolitans from India which included: Mor Gregorius Joseph, Metropolitan of Cochin and General Secretary of the Regional Synod in India, Mor Ivaniose Matthew, Metropolitan of Kandanad, Mor Aphrem Matthew, Metropolitan of the Perumbavoor region of Angamali Diocese, and Mor Koorillose Geevarghese, Metropolitan of Nerinam.
His Holiness Patriarch Aphrem II received His Beatitude and the accompanying delegation in the patriarchal residence in Atchaneh, Bikfaya – Lebanon. His Eminence Mor...
On September 23, 2014, His Holiness Patriarch Mor Ignatius Aphrem II met the Syriac Youth in St. Mark Church Hall in Teaneck – New Jersey. The meeting was attended by priests from the parishes of the archdiocese and a large number of young people who came to participate in this event.
His Holiness presided over a short evening prayer service (ramsho). He then spoke about the role of youth in the church. He said that youth carry a vision, much needed by the church that leads her forward towards a better future. He emphasized the importance of holding firm to the traditions...
On Sunday September 21, 2014, His Holiness Patriarch Mor Ignatius Aphrem II celebrated the Holy Qurobo (Divine Liturgy) in St. Athanasius Church in Tampa-Florida. His Holiness was assisted by Very Rev. Fr. Joseph Shabo, Pastor of St. Aphrem Cathedral in Aleppo and Rev. Fr. Samuel Gumus, Pastor of St. Peter and St. Paul Church in Germany.
Rev. Fr. John Kouki, Pastor of St. Athanasius Church, welcomed His Holiness and the visiting priests. He thanked His Holiness for his apostolic visit and care for the parish.
His Holiness spoke about being always alert in spiritual life. He also emphasized on the importance of...
The Archdiocese office manager is a person of faith and a professional administrator who can maintain the highest level of confidentiality. This full-time position reports directly to the Archbishop (once appointed); until then, the hired employee will report to the Archdiocesan Office Director. The person will work with the Archdiocese Clergy, Archdiocese Executive Council and Parish Councils according to the Archdiocesan policies and guidelines. Salary is based on the candidate’s experience and background.
- General administration (phone, copier, computer) and follow-ups with Parish Councils, AEC and parishioners as needed
- Develop required letters, distribute and follow up as needed
- Greet visitors and direct them accordingly
- Maintain office supplies, office equipment and work with vendors as needed
- Document agendas, attend meetings, and document minutes as required
- Develop presentations and manage multi-media equipment
- Keep Archdiocese records as assigned
- Manage annual Archdiocese Appeal
- Assist in creating, managing, printing and distributing the church annual calendar
- Assist in creation and distribution of the weekly Sunday Word
- Maintain Archdiocese website by posting up-to-date communications
- Maintain Archdiocese database of parishioners contacts
- Maintain a master calendar of all Archdiocese activities and events taking place in archdiocese facility.
- Provide clerical support to all Archdiocese committees
- Organize and send bulk mailings
- Arrange for work to be done while on vacation or in training
- Multi-lingual (English, Syriac and Arabic must); Turkish helpful
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong planning, multitasking and time-management skills
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, email – must
- Website content management, database, social media (Facebook, Twitter), Microsoft Publisher-helpful
- Accounting skills-helpful
- Presentation (such as PowerPoint) and multimedia-equipment skills
Interested candidates should contact Janine Azar () or Sonia Adamo ()
On Friday September 19, 2014, His Holiness Patriarch Mor Ignatius Aphrem II visited St. Aphrem Cathedral of the Malankara Archdiocese of Northern America accompanied by His Eminence Archbishop Mor Theethose Yeldho. He was received by the priests, deacons and faithful of the parish. His Holiness presided over the prayer service and blessed the faithful. He then attended the official reception which the archdiocese called for in his honor.
Many officials, politicians and public figures attended the reception. The Mayor of Hanover and Township Honorable Ronald Francioli gave His Holiness an honorary key of the county. The representatives of sister churches also participated:...
Tuesday, Sep 23, 2014 at 7pm
St. Mark’s Cathedral
260 Elm Ave. Teaneck, NJ
7:30pm-7:45pm: Welcome from
Youth Director John Dere
7:45pm-8:30pm: Youth Q&A
session with Patriarch